How reply the same MX RRs list for all kind of MX request

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Thu Nov 26 23:05:14 UTC 2009

In article <mailman.1099.1259265075.14796.bind-users at lists.isc.org>,
 "Todd Snyder" <tsnyder at rim.com> wrote:

> You can create an include file, and put it right under your SOA/NS
> records.

I think he wants to do this for zones he's not authoritative for.  He
wants all the clients of his DNS to think that he's the MX for
everything.

The other suggestion, to program the router to redirect port 25 to his
SMTP proxy, seems to be the better way to go.  BIND doesn't have any
type-specific wildcards, so doing this in DNS would require a customized
server.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA