manage large dns record

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Fri Nov 20 16:09:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 03:40:32PM +0700,
 Sokvantha YOUK <sokvantha at gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 44 lines which said:

> Could you advice me what is the good way to manage large dns record
> in zone file?

You mean a large number of records, not a large single record?

> I'm using bind v9, currently I need to add around 20 000 hostname
> but it is a pain to put them in one single file.

In what way is it a pain? I assume you do not type them by hand :-)
What's the problem with writing a ten-lines script to convert from the
data base where the names currently are to the BIND zone file format?