Overload some records for intern use

Johan VAN RYSEGHEM johan at websiteburo.com
Fri Nov 13 10:22:40 UTC 2009

Hello all,

my problem is quite simple, but I've tried a lot of different setups,
none worked :(

My company's DNS are hosted by an third-operator. In the zone
"websiteburo.com", there are several A records, pointing on our
different servers.
My problem is: a few of these servers are hosted locally in our offices,
so i'd like to setup a DNS server which would:
1/ return local addresses for a subset of records
2/ forward the queries to the external server if it cannot answer

Of course i could probably write a batch which retrieves the zone from
the external server and rewrites some records with local addresses, but
I think there could be a more elegant way to do this.

Help would be welcome

Thanx in advance

--
Johan VAN RYSEGHEM - Développeur RIAS
Websiteburo | Agence Media Interactive | Bordeaux/Paris