multiple internal views not working (RESOLVED)

Paul Krash pkrash at exegy.com
Tue Nov 3 00:42:08 UTC 2009

All,

thanks so much for your help in understanding match-clients in the view
statement for zones.

For historical purposes (and future searchers) this statement works:

match clients { !10.x.5.0/24; 10.x.0.0/16; }

doesn't serve .5, but serves everything else.

Thank you Mr. Clegg (where do I send that beer? :-)

Now I can have very complex views (coming soon {tm}) and not have to
worry about those poor folks looking at this two years from now,
when the network has grow into multiple /16s with all the varied
security that will be necessary when we have more than a basketful
of subnets. :-)

The three step process for
LDAP+DHCP+LDAP+SAMBA(CIFS)+BIND+NFS+NIS+Kerberos integration with Active
Directory 2008 without third party tools/helpers:

When I get this working (if it is even possible) I will post a virtual
appliance, with a complete HOWTO.  I've gotten most of it to work,
the LDAP is particularly fckd, Kerberos key caching on Centos 5.3
without certificates is troublesome.  Syncing BIND DNS with Active
Directory seems to work, machine accounts, not so much.

Anyways, thanks for all your help, it was great!

Best,

PKrash

This e-mail and any documents accompanying it may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information belonging to Exegy, Inc. Such information may be protected from disclosure by law. The information is intended for use by only the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure or use of the information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately contact the sender by e-mail or phone regarding instructions for return or destruction and do not use or disclose the content to others.