Quick poll: Cache poison vs site problems vs BIND bug vs Windows neg caching

Wiley Sanders bind at wsanders.net
Fri May 8 08:11:56 UTC 2009

Howdy all, we're running 9.5.0-P2 (fairly recent) on two servers that
are recursive DNS sources for a medium sized college. This week, we
had more than a few users complaining about craigslist.org and
www.chase.com not resolving, and sure enough when I checked with dig
one of Craigslist's NS servers was not working right (sending SERVFAIL