Make changes en mass [done]

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Tue Mar 24 21:16:59 UTC 2009

It should not be too hard.  Since you have such a rock solid format,
you can safely assume in your case, the last 2 digits are ints always,
always 2 digits long.

Just find the string of chars you are interested in, and substring the
last two.  Now you have a number (int) and you can use a little math
to +1 to it.

The only area you have to be careful in, depending on the language, is
01 to 09 where the leading zero is going to get lost.  You could use a
string pad left function to put a zero in, or in this case, just check
the string length, if it is one, concatenate a zero in front.