Adding records to a domain I don't control for anyone who uses my nameserver

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Mar 3 08:00:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 01:07:36PM -0500,
 Matthew Huff <mhuff at ox.com> wrote
 a message of 62 lines which said:

> Spoofing the dns zones are the only solution.

It won't work when (if) DNSSEC will be deployed (and I assume the
banking sector will be one of the first to adopt it)...

Why not using your own XMPP server, that you control and where you can
activate logging?

Trying to archive conversations on other servers seem pointless
anyway, what if the users IM with Twitter or with a Web form?