Single Zone Forwarding Dilema

Kal Feher kalman.feher at melbourneit.com.au
Mon Jun 8 14:31:44 UTC 2009

First you should check that you can receive a valid response for the
intended zone from your forwarders (from your caching server) not from your
pc. It wasn't clear from your initial email that this is what you did.

yourcacheserver ~ # dig @forwarder_address A host.fwd.zone.net

Although it may seem appropriate to mask the domain you are looking up. It
does make solving your problem quite difficult. If the above test works yet
other queries fail, I would suggest providing the full result of a:

yourlocalpc ~ # dig @yourcacheserver A host.fwd.zone.net

You may also wish to provide the query logs for this query.

--
Kal Feher