Single Zone Forwarding Dilema

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Jun 8 14:01:02 UTC 2009

On 06.06.09 01:10, Ben Croswell wrote:
> If you want to force forwarding you will probably want to add the forward
> only; directive.

> By default your server will try to follow NS delegations and then forward if
> it can't follow them

I think it's the opposite - the server will try to query the configured
forwarders first, then to continus in usual NS resolution.

> Forward only; tells it to not even bother trying to follow NS delegations.

and thus I recomment not to use this for public zones - if the forwarders
are unavailable or from some reason can't answer, the classic resolution
will be used.

I guess the configured forwarders have one of these problems
Windows 2000: 640 MB ought to be enough for anybody