IPv6 reverse delegation

Akolinare akolinare at gmx.net
Thu Jul 2 06:38:31 UTC 2009

Hello,

I want to configure a reverse delegation of a IPv6 subnet to a different nameserver. I guess this is common use for IPv6 to provide customers the possibility to manage the reverse resolution on their own. But as long I search the internet and books for howtos, configuration examples or help I'm not able to find anything. Furthermore I have to realize that it is quite difficult to recognize which IPv6 DNS method is valid and which is out of date.

With IPv4 reverse delegation was quite simple:
64/26           NS      ns.example.com.
$GENERATE 64-127 $ IN CNAME $.64/26

Is there any comparable use for IPv6?

I would be appreciative for any advice/help.

best regards

  Markus