BIND 9.6 Flaw - CNAME vs. A Record in MX Records are NOT "Illegal"

Al Stu Al_Stu at Verizon.net
Mon Jan 26 22:53:10 UTC 2009

"In all the time its taken him to type his rants and raves and have his little dummy spit, he could have gone and changed the MX to be a real name, ..." - Noel Butler
Wow, such narrow mindedness.

"I like most I suspect stopped reading his rants days ago." - Noel Butler
And yet here you are continuing to proliferate the thread.  Thank you!

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Noel Butler
  To: Danny Thomas
  Cc: bind-users at lists.isc.org
  Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 2:23 PM
  Subject: Re: BIND 9.6 Flaw - CNAME vs. A Record in MX Records are NOT "Illegal"

  On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 07:43, Danny Thomas wrote:
Al Stu wrote:
 > So within the zone SMTP requirements are in fact met when the
 > MX RR is a CNAME.
you might argue the line of it being OK when additional processing
includes an A record.

  In all the time its taken him to type his rants and raves and have his little dummy spit, he could have gone and changed the MX to be a real name, and not bored the rest of us because he cant read modern RFC's.

Possible courses of action
  * disable the check-mx-cname in your config
  As was pointed out to him days ago, but yet he persists in trolling, I like most I suspect stopped reading his rants days ago.