BIND 9.6 Flaw - CNAME vs. A Record in MX Records are NOT "Illegal"

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon Jan 26 22:23:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 07:43, Danny Thomas wrote:

> Al Stu wrote:
>  > So within the zone SMTP requirements are in fact met when the
>  > MX RR is a CNAME.
> you might argue the line of it being OK when additional processing
> includes an A record.

In all the time its taken him to type his rants and raves and have his
little dummy spit, he could have gone and changed the MX to be a real
name, and not bored the rest of us because he cant read modern RFC's.

> Possible courses of action
>   * disable the check-mx-cname in your config

As was pointed out to him days ago, but yet he persists in trolling, I
like most I suspect stopped reading his rants days ago.