compiling BIND on AIX

Jerry Kemp seclog at oryx.cc
Tue Jan 20 18:39:46 UTC 2009

I have compiled BIND many times on Solaris/OpenSolaris and several
different *BSD's, and this has always been a pretty simple procedure.

I currently need to compile (a current) BIND on AIX 5.2 and it appears
to me that there is a little more work involved to get a successful
compile on this platform vs. others that I have worked with.

Can anyone who is currently compiling/running BIND on AIX share any
getting started pointers ( i.e. BIND only compiles with gcc, etc)??

A search of the archives indicate that there are people on the list
running BIND on AIX, but I was unable to uncover any specific tips,
hints, etc. as to getting a good compile.

TIA,

Jerry K.