Issues in delegating to subdomain owned by other company

blrmaani blrmaani at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 22:32:38 UTC 2009

Thanks.. so if I dig further deeper on this it appears that the the
query being sent to the subdomain's
nameserver is NON-RECURSIVE. So, if the resource-records are already
cached on the subdomain's nameserver (assuming non-authoritative
nameserver here), then the queries are responded else the queries
FAIL (SERVFAIL?).

Is this assumption correct..

One way to fix this would be to add a forwarder for the subdomain on
my nameserver to prevent any changes
on partner company's nameserver. Any other approaches?

cheers
Maani.