zone transfer problem

Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães leolistas at solutti.com.br
Fri Jan 2 14:55:22 UTC 2009

Sener ATAS escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I try to add slave dns server. But there is a problem about zone
> transfer.
> If I don't edit manually slave server's named.conf file, zone files
> don't transfer from master to slave.
>
> log file at slave dns is;
>
> 02-Jan-2009 16:40:03.226 notify: client 192.168.117.50#63516: received
> notify for zone 'yyy.aaa.com': not authoritative
>
> 192.168.117.50 my master dns.
> both server is FREE BSD with BIND 9.5.1

    where's the problem !?!? This is the correct (and so the expected
one) behavior of bind. There's no auto-configuration for slave zones.
You'll have to, somehow, sinc your configurations so slave servers can
receive the new slave zones.

    there's no problem at all, just a misunderstanding that bind should
transfer all zones automatically.

    this was discussed some days ago on the list .......

https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2008-December/074290.html

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues