dnsperf and BIND memory consumption

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Jan 1 16:28:29 UTC 2009

Vinny Abello wrote:
> [...]
threads. I don't see the prominent memory leak present on my system any
longer. I lost track of this thread and think two different changes
might have been made, however. One via the port and one in BIND itself,
so I don't know which fix is actually in effect here, but the results
seem good so far. Maybe Doug and Jinmei and comment on their respective
changes just for the record.

The fix that Jinmei mentioned should be in the 9.5.1 release since it
was found during the 9.5.0-P2-W2 development so you would not see it in
9.5.1. In addition, that code was new in 9.5.0 so you would not have
seen it in prior releases.

Danny