reverse zone file in external view not transferring to slaveserver??

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at tux.org
Wed Dec 2 17:34:39 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 10:02:45AM +0200, Kaya Saman wrote:
> Joseph, yes definitely they are going to different files as I have 14
> different zone files 7 in each 'view' - with 13 files getting
> transferred......

This is good.  But bad, in that would have been an easy solution.

This whole problem sounds vaguely familiar, but I just can't catch the
pointer to the memory and the solution ... just out of reach ...

> I don't know if there's any way to start Bind verbosely or alternatively
> a command that will check the zone transfers?

Look up the "logging" clause in named.conf.  There's a lot, and I don't
remember anywhere near all of it, so referring you to the documentation
is best, but ask if you need help.  E.g.:

// logging clause - who, what, where, why, when, how, how long?
logging {
	channel querylog {
		file "/var/log/named/query.log" versions 15 size 25m;
		// severity debug;
		severity info;
		print-time yes;
		print-category yes;
		print-severity yes;
	};
	channel securlog {
		file "/var/log/named/security.log" versions 15 size 25m;
		// severity debug 9;
		severity info;
		print-time yes;
		print-category yes;
		print-severity yes;
	};
	channel all {
		file "/var/log/named/named.log" versions 15 size 25m;
		severity info;
		print-time yes;
		print-category yes;
		print-severity yes;
	};

	category queries { querylog; };
	category security { securlog; };
	category lame-servers { null; };	// ignore
	category default { all; };
};

--
**