Linux kernel and bind9

Tom Greaser tgreaser at hsc.wvu.edu
Tue Sep 30 18:07:35 UTC 2008

Try the  dev stuff for redhat .. its not supported but its created
check out  http://people.redhat.com/atkac/bind/

if your looking for something just do a google site search  ..
the created the stuff but dont port it since its not part of the
orgininal version packaged with the rhel release.
and they people are cool about answering questions..

Id go with the IBM press Performance tuning for Linux Servers.. its a
good book for the brain tool box.

Le 26 sept. 08 à 11:49, Res a écrit :

> On Fri, 26 Sep 2008, Ulrich David wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there something to tune in the linux kernel in order too have
>> better performance on bind9 cache server?
>>
>> For example on the network part of the kernel?
>
> What bottlenecks are you experiencing?

It's more "bad" performance than bottlneck... especially on response
latency with bind 9.4.2-p2...
On bind 9.4.3b2 the latency is better, but I don't know when this
version would be released.