SERVFAIL and lame server errors for google MX servers

andys a.smith at ukgrid.net
Mon Oct 20 12:19:18 UTC 2008

Hi Chris,

  thanks a lot for the detailed reply. Apologies, it was a typo, the domain
in question is googlemail.com.

So, I will run the commands as suggested by you if and when this occurs
again.

With regards running out of UDP sockets, under which circumstances might
this occur and are you refering to a limitation of ports at of BIND or of
the OS? And how would I tell? And what would I do to solve this type of
issue? :P sorry if thats not so simple to answer as it is to ask.

many thanks, Andy.