dns refresh problem

Jabba jabba1975 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 07:49:16 UTC 2008

What is with dns1.tktelekom.pl ? I thin I dont need them.

I have registered domain in home.pl and make configuration on home.pl
website.
Im not using tktelekom dns.

> What the hell is with those TTLs ?
> Use something more sane, no need for the ;$ORIGIN xxxx.pl stuff either.
>
> $TTL    1D
> @       IN      SOA     ns.xxxx.pl. hostmaster.xxxx.pl. (
>                          2008031801
>                          3H
>                          30M
>                          4W
>                          1D )
>                          NS      ns.xxx.pl.
>                          NS      ns2.xxxx.pl.

I  have taken it from some sample from internet. I dont have to much
experience in dns.
Thx for correcting

> > in named.conf.opions:
>
> > allow-query{ any; };
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^ if you mean in global opts, bad, very very bad, edit to use an
> ACL so "any" applies to your own IP range and nobody elses.
>
> acl "trust" {
>          localhost;
>          localnets;
>          82.160.111.0/24;
>
> };
>
> and in "options" use     allow-query { trust; };
>
> The allow-query "any" in the zone statement is all that you need for
> others to query your DNS for that particular zone.

Normally I had like you wrote. I changed it to {any; } temporary
because I have no idea why refreshing is not working.

Thanx for your help. I made changes you suggest, and will see.

Best Regards

Marcin Jablonski