URGENT, PLEASE READ: 9.5.0-P1 now available

Emery Rudolph emery.rudolph at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 18:07:30 UTC 2008

Thanks for the response Jinmei,
On Wednesday I upgraded the primary server to P1 and although it is
experiencing the same base error of "too many file descriptors", it is on
much more robust hardware with 32-cores, so the overall system utilization
doesn't exceed 6% at its heaviest load. So the problem I am having with the
older hardware is that it simply cannot handle the threads for the P1 code
bug.

As the ISC president said, the P2 code should be out at the end of this
week, so I am going to move the secondary server to a new 32-core server
with the new P2 code next week. This should put us in a good place.

As an aside, I am confused if the Moore exploit issue is the same as the
cache vulnerability issue? From what I have read so far, Moore developed a
mechanism for exploiting the cache poisoning problem - or am I incorrect?

Emery Rudolph

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 5:05 PM, JINMEI Tatuya / $B?@L at C#:H(B <Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org