Compile failure in CentOS 3.9

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Wed Jul 30 19:22:24 UTC 2008

At Wed, 30 Jul 2008 01:44:56 -0700 (PDT),
grpprod <grpprod at gmail.com> wrote:

> > some 2.4.x, confusing BIND9 autoconf on the availability of epoll.
> >
> > The next beta will work around this.  In the mean time, if you don't
> > have performance problem with the more conservative P1 versions, I'd
> > recommend them.
>
> Thanks,
> the thing is, the reason for the upgrade at the moment is the recent
> cache poisoning vulnerability. Can I fix it without upgrading?

What do you mean by 'upgrading'?  Switching to a P1 version?  Since P1
is already available and more conservative than beta, I wouldn't call
it an upgrade.  Anyway, if you don't want to switch to a P1, there's
no other way to work around this except modifying the source code.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.