URGENT, PLEASE READ: 9.5.0-P1 now available

Stefan Schmidt stefan.schmidt at freenet.ag
Sun Jul 27 15:33:26 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 08:18:58PM -0700, jri wrote:
> We could not continue with this level of service and now are risking
> the exploit.

I wouldn't risk it if i were you.

> We are using RedHat distribution of the bind (9.4.2-P1), we put an
> extra server under the load balancer and even so they couldn't handle
> the load. We didn't continue adding hw because had no expectations of
> new bind supporting all the requests.

I am not using BIND9 for recursive DNS anymore but from what i hear BIND
v9.5 has much improved in recursive performance, maybe you'll find that
if performs reasonably well in your setup even with the patch.

	Stefan
--
[Playing baseball]
Worf : Death to the opposition.