URGENT, PLEASE READ: 9.5.0-P1 now available

jri jrilabaca at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 03:18:58 UTC 2008

I understand the urgency for deploying the -P1 code. That's why we
have been doing a lot of efforts since yesterday, but finally we went
back to "non -P1" release. We had a lot of service interruptions,
because the high load of the servers and the service not responding.
We could not continue with this level of service and now are risking
the exploit.
We are using RedHat distribution of the bind (9.4.2-P1), we put an
extra server under the load balancer and even so they couldn't handle
the load. We didn't continue adding hw because had no expectations of
new bind supporting all the requests.
Now we are waiting ISC to release the solution.
JRI