Basic Question re Security issue

Skeeve Stevens skeeve at skeeve.org
Sat Jul 26 05:59:00 UTC 2008

Thanks for that, and my problem is now solved - I found the example @
http://support.menandmice.com/jforum/posts/list/25.page

I understand what the issue was now and yes, I was relying on the old
default.

Thing is, while I understand that running an open query DNS server is not an
ideal situation, I am not sure (assuming you are prepared to deal with the
bandwidth) what the actual problem is.

I understand the issue of the current security breach and the poisoning
attack against certain implementations of the DNS daemon, but assuming you
are running the latest safest version, is there anything actually wrong with
running an open DNS server?

...Skeeve