how to install last security patch ?

G.W. Haywood bind at jubileegroup.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 08:39:03 UTC 2008

Hi there,

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008, Jeff Lightner wrote:

> RH 7.2 is ancient.  If you're concerned about security then you really
> ought to install the latest RHEL or CENTOS in its place.

Unfortunately it's often quite a lot of work to migrate a system to an
entirely new distribution, but that's a very good point and if you're
having to ask how to upgrade your bind version like this it's probably
also worth mentioning that those old Red Hat versions did have a bad
reputation for security.  Out-of-the-box they were easy prey.  Kona, I
hope you're not running the original ftp daemon (wu-ftpd)?

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/3581/exploit

PS: I'm sorry if my email address keeps hopping from one to another -
something from the bind list is confusing my mailer (Pine) about its
roles.  I think it might be postings coming through newsgroups.

--

73,
Ged.