Caching name server setup problems

Michael Varre mike at jirc.com
Tue Jul 15 16:16:47 UTC 2008

[Michael P. Varre]

Well I *think* I've got it working. Now

I had "forward only;" and recursion turned off.  Not sure how the heck I
missed that.  I removed forward only (I of course only want to forward if
*I* don't have an answer)...and I would be either my cache or my locally
hosted internal zones.  And recursion to on...well duh I want to recurse if
I DON'T have the answer for other stuff.

I then did dig msn.com = 112msec.  then did dig msn.com again and got 1msec.