Developing against libbind

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Jul 8 18:51:35 UTC 2008

    "man resolver" just gets me the documentation of how to use
    /etc/resolver.conf - what I'm looking for is some documentation of an
    API to resolve DNS names, including A, MX, PTR and SRV records from a C
    application we're developing.  I've read about Bind's resolver library
    and was hoping to use that.

    e.g.
    - Our application links to bind resolver library to process DNS calls
    - The bind library contacts the local lwresd, which gets the info from
    the DNS (our nameservers, which run Bind 9.5)
    - The bind library passes the result back to the application

You might consider using the NLnet Labs lib dns library. See
http://nlnetlabs.nl/projects/ldns/ for details.

	jaap

Disclaimer: I do work for NLnet Labs.