out -of-zone records

Sam M sam.m at servwise.com
Sat Jan 12 04:38:21 UTC 2008

Okay I'm more than a little confused now.

My name servers are

ns1.servwise.com, ns2.servwise.com, ns3.servwise.com, ns4.servwise.com

The domain servwise.com is registered through www.namesdirect.com and using
their service I have configured the name servers via their web gui (I'm not
all the clued up on what this actually does but understood it basically
registers my name servers with Internic or VeriSign (OR some other
organisation) allowing my use the ns1-ns4 as name servers for hosting DNS
records for domains.

Now I thought this would be all I need to do and I could host records for
ANY TLD or ccTLD on my server. However I'm now coming to the conclusion that
maybe I need to register my name servers with some other TLD authorities to
allow me to host domains like the .BE one I'm trying to host. Am I correct?

Unfortunatly I have absolutely no idea how to go about doing this and
mydomain only gives me the one form to register my name servers.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sam M