Force slave BIND9 server reload inmediately

John Wobus jw354 at cornell.edu
Mon Feb 4 19:52:14 UTC 2008

BIND can be configured to log notify processing and transfers.  With
such logging turned
on, you can follow the notify/transfer process until a log entry
indicates where the
process is running into trouble.

The fact you cite, that transfers do happen later, is good information:
it eliminates
some of the potential causes.

Another elementary test is whether you can do any sort of dig from
the master to the slave.  A notify is pretty much like another lookup,
so the success of such a dig can show that intervening routers/firewalls
would not be blocking it.

Naturally, reading the ARM (as well as books such as 'DNS & BIND
Cookbook'
or 'DNS and BIND') regarding configuration of notifies is to the point.