statistics file

Hays, Ken hays at otc.fsu.edu
Thu Aug 28 12:26:52 UTC 2008

Having spent a few minutes doing basic arithmetic with a subset of the
values provided:

>              1886089 queries resulted in successful answer
>              3055142 queries resulted in authoritative answer
>                  913 queries resulted in non authoritative answer
>               763935 queries resulted in nxrrset
>               406031 queries resulted in NXDOMAIN

I suggest the total of Authoritative and Non-Authoritative answers
(3,056,055) includes
Successful answers, nxrrset and NXDOMAIN.

Hopefully, the assertion above helps remove the confusion. Further
discovery of which
counts are included in others remains as an open challenge. Later, Ken