statistics file

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Wed Aug 27 08:13:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 02:18:23 +0100, CB <bdyslm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm hoping someone can help as I am completely confused and the BIND ARM
> doesnt answer my questions. For one it doesnt explain what categories are
> inclusive of others, if any, which I would think some are.

	My copy of the ARM has the following explanation in section
	6.2.16.18:

Each query received by the server will cause exactly one of success,
referral,
nxrrset, nxdomain, or failure to be incremented, and may additionally cause
the recursion counter to be incremented.

	This is sufficient for me to make graphs of 'total' and
	'recursive' queries.  Maybe you're looking for something else.

	IHTH

	Niall O'Reilly
	University College Dublin IT Services