DNS query with no domain

Prabhat Rana prana9533 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 15:25:27 UTC 2008

Thanks to Matt and Mark for suggestions and notes. I completely understand the idea of having perform resolution for a absolute hostname is a broken design. However we have been asked to make this happen. Apparently shortening the URL size that handset queries is a part of effort on shortening the packet size from the handset. And by reducing the packet size to less than 140 or less byte characters the packet will not be segmented and makes the data calls significantly faster.
And mms in the only one that handsets
Prabhat.