named deamon

Vidya Devi SS vidyadevi.ss at globaledgesoft.com
Thu Aug 14 12:34:51 UTC 2008

Hiii all,

I am using bind-9.5.0-p1,i cross compiled it to arm,and configured using
1>>./configure --prefix=/opt/TRIAL1 --host=arm-linux
BUILD_CC=/usr/local/arm/..../...
--enable-libind --with-openssl=no --with-randomdev-no --with-libxml2=no

2>>make

3>>make install

after this libraries and "named" and other utilites(dig,host,nslookup)
got created in the --prefix path.
i copied the .conf file(named.conf and reslove.conf and named.pid) from
my host PC (linux 2.6.21.5).
and in my board i have linux-2.6.24.7 ,after loading the kernel image
onto the board,i tried
#named
#
it didn't show any error,and when i tried

# dig @172.16.5.51 google.com

; <<>> DiG 9.5.0-P1 <<>> @172.16.5.51 google.com
; (1 server found)
;; global options:  printcmd

whether there is any problem with the dns server :'(

Pls help

Thanks in advance
Vidya