Wits end

Hawkins, Michael MHawkins at tullettprebon.com
Fri Apr 18 19:51:45 UTC 2008

Bob,

Consider this email to be a bomb because if you reply to it, I will not
respond.

Kevin is one of the most helpful individuals I have ever encountered and
his patience and dedication while handling pro's through to newbies
(such as you) far outstrips yours and my patience summed together.

Those who speak less and listen more achieve greater success in all
aspects of their lives. And I recommend that principle to you.

No matter how frustrated you may be feeling about your own inadequacy
with BIND, you should not take it out on anyone else. It is true that
you asked for help. But NO ONE is obliged to help you. Therefore, you
cannot criticize any help that you don't like. Just walk away and find
someone else who may help you in the way in which you wish the help to
be delivered. You have not PAID for a service. You haven't paid a cent
to be on this list. So show some respect for the help you're being
given.

Kevin is a brilliant man with thousands of hours of experience with
BIND. He basically WROTE it - you nut! I don't care how cranky he is. If
you want help you better learn how to be nice about asking for and
receiving it.

You ask for compassion? Well I think Kevin has been more than
compassionate. Because if it was me you were dealing with, my compassion
for you would have urged me to punch you in the nose - you twerp!

Mike Hawkins