Version compatibility

Moss, Patricia pmoss at fcg.com
Tue Sep 11 12:55:59 UTC 2007

I have a question as to version compatibility.  I have a master DNS
server that is running OS platform RHES ver3.0 and named version 9.2.4.
We are in the process of replacing our secondary DNS server with a
CentOS 5 server.  The named version that is installed with this OS is
9.3.3rc2. My main question is can these two different version still
communicate with each other without any adverse affects?

Pati

"UNIX is user friendly. It's just picky about who it's friends with."

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged, and/or attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, reliance, or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.