delegation of subdomains

Markus Boehmer boehmerm at gmx.net
Fri Oct 12 06:29:29 UTC 2007

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 18:55:18 -0400
> Von: Kevin Darcy <kcd at chrysler.com>
> An: bind-users at isc.org
> Betreff: Re: delegation of subdomains

> It's a bad practice to put private addresses in publically-visible
> zones, because it results in bogus DNS traffic. This is the kind of
> thing views were created to prevent: put the private addresses in the
> internal view so that only internal clients see those addresses.
>
> - Kevin

Hello Kevin,

I don't know if they are the right thing in my case.
The dns server which has the schaefer-shop.de zone ist completely outside the company lan and the server fpr the mw.schaefer-shop.de zone is inside, so on the second server there is no need for a view, because it has private addresses and is in an private network.

And the first server has in the open zone schaefer-shop.de only a delegation to the internal server, the entries are:

mw.schaefer-shop.de. IN NS webhost.mw.schaefer-shop.de.
webhost.mw.schaefer-shop.de. IN A 10.19.155.90

If there is a way of which I don't know how to put these entries in a view, then I sure will do this.

Greetings
Markus

--
Per humanitatem ad pacem