Log rotation on Windows

Jim McAtee jmcatee at mediaodyssey.com
Fri Oct 12 00:13:12 UTC 2007

Does BIND's log rotation work on Windows?  I began playing with this
recently but haven't seen the logs rotated as yet.  I want to keep the
logs relatively small so that they can easily be viewed online through a
management web interface that I've built.

Using the following statement in one of the config files, the default.log
file is currently at 227kB and growing.  I'm running BIND 9.4.2rc1.

channel "default_log" {
  file "D:\logs\bind\default.log" versions 9 size 200k;