Emails being wrongly delivered after DNS change

Alan Clegg Alan_Clegg at isc.org
Mon Nov 26 14:38:24 UTC 2007

> Sorry Alan,
No problems, just hard to debug with little information.  ;)

> The application is CubeCart and the email address is correct as i've
> now tested it with a few other addresses successfully, I am running
> the Postfix mail agent.

I've looked at the DNS from an external view and everything seems fine
(all of the MX records point to google as your stated earlier).

If you are on the system in question and inject mail locally, can you
trace it?  The fact that you said that mail "vanishes" when you remove
the local account may also point to CubeCart doing it's own local
delivery.  Honestly, however, I'm thinking that Postfix is configured to
do local delivery for the domain in question -- check the postmaster
account or the deferred queue (also /etc/postfix/main.cf for local
definitions).

All I can really tell you definitively is that this does not appear to
be a DNS related issue... you may want to find folks that are more
familiar with Postfix and/or CubeCart.

AlanC