master notification issue

Mark bind-users at leesikniet.com
Mon Nov 26 13:18:28 UTC 2007

Hi,

I hope someone can help me because I am clueless.

I am running BIND 9.4.1 on a Linux server with multiple IP's. I have BIND
listening on on of the IP's x.y.z.14 with this setting:

  listen-on-v6 { none; };
  listen-on { x.y.z.14; };

When I look on one of the slaves after a zone update I see the following:

Nov 26 12:53:11 core named[6028]: client x.y.z.12#33296: received notify
for zone 'domain.com'
Nov 26 12:53:11 core named[6028]: zone domain.com/IN: refused notify from
non-master: x.y.z.12#33296

Where x.y.z.12 is the main IP of the master DNS and in the same IP range.

How do make the Master DNS send notfications out on x.y.z.14?

It is just listening on 14 now. And I have not seen any bugs for 9.4.1
regardign this issue.

Please any help would be appreciated. Maybe I am missing something but
looking for "bind ip" for application "bind" is not much of a google
query. LOL

Cheers,
Mark