plz review "dnscap" before i freeze its UI

Paul Vixie Paul_Vixie at isc.org
Thu May 10 17:41:39 UTC 2007

> dnscap.c: In function 'parse_args':
> dnscap.c:327: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of
> 	data type

wow, a system where char is unsigned.  neat.

> Changing type type of 'ch' to 'int' fixes the issue..

that change has now been committed to the cvs repo.

> I know you are trying to avoid autoconf, but it would be nice to have
> configure inform you when you were missing requirements, instead of
> trying to figure them out from compiler errors...

i fear, in my heart that you are right.  however, i havn't yet come to grips
emotionally with the idea that portability and release engineering should
take more than half the total engineering time or consume more than half of
the size of the source kit.  thanks for putting up with this lapse.