WIndows DNS (master) -> BIND (slave)

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Jun 21 23:13:43 UTC 2007

Donny Jekels wrote:
> Effectively I learnt today that I do not have to pre-create minimal zone
> files for each zone I'd like to dump to the slave.
>
> Is that fact documented anywhere?
Why would you expect all possible *negatives* to be enumerated in
documentation?

- No, you do not need to "pre-create minimal zone files" before doing
zone transfers
- No, you do not need to declare yourself a candidate for President of
the United States before invoking "rndc"
- No, you do not need to sacrifice chickens naked by moonlight before
constructing a "sortlist" directive (although the insanity induced may help)

You assumed something that wasn't the case. Don't blame the
documentation. Just deal with it and move on. Lesson learned.

- Kevin