Issue reg changing the existing name server to a new name server

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Jun 18 22:35:31 UTC 2007

This is clearly a matter between you and your ISP.

The only thing I'll point out, is that if the name of a nameserver is
*in* the domain which is delegated to it, e.g. example.in delegated to
ns1.example.in, then the registry needs to know *both* the name *and*
the IP address, so that it can give out the appropriate glue records.
Therefore, if your ISP is only asking for one of those things, either a)
they are implicitly *forbidding* that the name of the nameserver be in
the domain being delegated, or b) they are relying on other methods
(which might include out-of-band methods such as email or phone calls)
to translate the name to an IP address or _vice_versa_.

                           - Kevin