Issue reg changing the existing name server to a new name server

query query.cdac at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 04:02:01 UTC 2007

Hi All,
  My organisation registered a domain name under the .in domain.
  After that we found  that  new domian name  was successfully registered
and it was hosted  by  the
  ISP itself.
  The issue here is  that  my organisation wants to host the domain name
themselves . For that there is some provision
  in the ISP's website to change the name server record.

   But it is asking only for the hostname of the new name server . There  I
can  give either the hostname or ip
  address of the new name server.

  I was just wondering if I provide only the ip address or hostname but not
both, then whether my domain name
  will be resolved at the Internet.
 What I understand is that by asking the ISP to change the name server
record to a new name server that will
 be hosted by us, it will be like the ISP has delegated the authority of the
domain name to our organisation.
 But for that , the ISP needs to add a glue record for our name server which
will consist of both name server and
 its corresponding ip address.
 But the ISP is asking for only one of them .

  So , please clarify my doubt that if I provide either the hostname or ip
address , will my domain name will be resolved in internet.

  regards