Configuring DNS in Fedora core 6

Damas Ally damas at juasun.net
Tue Jun 5 10:50:47 UTC 2007

Thanks Adam for your quickly reply...in short i am just using the linux
box machine with no graphical user installed so that the
system-config-bind to run,all my settings/configurations are just
terminal/command line,do you have any other idea on how i can get or
create named.conf? minding that i am using bind-chroot.
NB-I'm online skype=damas.ally as well as yahoo messenger=sirgamdam,we can
chat and i can show you all what i have in my machine.
=========
Damas A.M
National ISP Manager
Mob: +255 784 582786 / 464678
Page: www.juasun.net
=========

> Damas Ally napsal(a):
>> Greetings all,
>> Please,can someone help me on how to configure Secondary dns running in
>> FC6  with bind-9.3.., bind-chroot-9.3 where by the zone files must be
>> transfered from primary dns running FC3 with bind-9.2..,
>> bind-chroot-9.2..I haven't faced any problem to configure in other
>> version
>> of linux FC5/4/3/2/1 BUT this FC6 become very complicated to me
>> especially
>> named.conf file in which is normal configuration file for dns...i can't
>> find the exactly file to edit/configure,i need help from anyone please.
>> with regards!
>> ========
> Hi,
>
> If you're using Fedora 6 you could use system-config-bind utility to
> create default named.conf. After that you could add your slave zone to
> that configfile. If you're using bind-chroot please run
> "bind-chroot-admin --sync". After this procedure you could simply start
> named :) (NOTE: if you're using SELinux, please put your slaves zones
> into /var/named/slaves directory. You could avoid some problems)
>
> Regards, Adam
>
> --
> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.