Configuring DNS in Fedora core 6

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Tue Jun 5 10:41:46 UTC 2007

Damas Ally napsal(a):
> Greetings all,
> Please,can someone help me on how to configure Secondary dns running in
> FC6  with bind-9.3.., bind-chroot-9.3 where by the zone files must be
> transfered from primary dns running FC3 with bind-9.2..,
> bind-chroot-9.2..I haven't faced any problem to configure in other version
> of linux FC5/4/3/2/1 BUT this FC6 become very complicated to me especially
> named.conf file in which is normal configuration file for dns...i can't
> find the exactly file to edit/configure,i need help from anyone please.
> with regards!
> ========
Hi,

If you're using Fedora 6 you could use system-config-bind utility to
create default named.conf. After that you could add your slave zone to
that configfile. If you're using bind-chroot please run
"bind-chroot-admin --sync". After this procedure you could simply start
named :) (NOTE: if you're using SELinux, please put your slaves zones
into /var/named/slaves directory. You could avoid some problems)

Regards, Adam