logging config no longer working as expected

Michael Bernhardt MBernha at bart.gov
Thu Jan 18 23:35:20 UTC 2007

I'm running 9.3.3. We have a lot of windows clients who are occasionally
trying to register with our internal name servers. As I don't care and don't
need to know, I had the following implemented in BIND 9.2.3 and it worked,
but now it doesn't and I see the complaints again in var/log/messages about
denied updates.

logging {
// ignore all "client" errors-- failed dynamic updates, etc.
category client { "null"; };
};

Is there a change in syntax I need to make and if not, what's going on?
Thanks in advance!