BIND 9.3.2 on FreeBSD 6.1 out of control

Eric J. Feldhusen efeldhusen.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 21:43:43 UTC 2007

patrick wrote:
> Seems to me like this shouldn't take all that long though, should it?
> What's happening with me is that when it hits the max_cache_size, it
> consumes the CPU indefinitely. The only way to get it to settle down
> is to kill the process and restart it.

I can't find the thread, but I thought I remember reading something on
the FreeBSD lists about this problem with BIND 9.3.x and that it was a
FreeBSD specific problem.  You might find something on the FreeBSD lists
that could help.

--
Eric Feldhusen
Network Administrator    http://www.remc1.org
eric at remc1.org
PO Box 270              (906) 482-4520  x239
809 Hecla St            (906) 482-5031 fax
Hancock, MI  49930      (906) 370 6202 mobile