How to generate Shared Lib in BIND9.4.1

neo neoequal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 12:01:55 UTC 2007

Hi all,
 I have taken the source base of BIND9.4.1. But when I configure and
compile it, I only see
 static libraries under path "/usr/local/lib/".  They are as follows
libbind9.a    libdns.a      libisccc.a    liblwres.a
 But I want the shared library version of these libraries to be build
by the compilation of the BIND9.4.1.
So I searched for the options while doing the configure and I found
below info.

 --enable-shared[=PKGS]
                          build shared libraries [default=yes]
  --enable-static[=PKGS]
                          build static libraries [default=yes]

Eventhough it is by default "on", I have given the first option
explicitly, Still I am unable to see the shared libraries under the
path /usr/local/lib.

So can anyone suggest how to build shared libraries in BIND9.4.1 ?

Secondly what this "PKGS" mean here.?

Thanks