DNS 101 question: how to setup Bind 9.4?

John Wobus jw354 at cornell.edu
Thu Apr 19 18:30:06 UTC 2007

O'Reilly provides excellent books about the DNS and bind.  The Bind
Administrator Reference Manual and the man pages distributed with
bind are also useful  There is a considerable amount to learn.

Nearly all of what people want the DNS to do for them cannot possibly
be done without computers sitting on permanent IP addresses, which
excludes the typical laptop.  Very likely, your only course is to
locate and
subscribe to a commercial DNS service whose services most closely fit
your
needs.

John Wobus